Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sharon Sparkles

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I am easily entertained. So over break, I had a little bit more free time and one night I got bored and started reading some Yahoo Questions and Answers.  I noticed a trend that people generally respond to cat and/or animal questions a lot faster than other questions.  So what did I do next, you might ask? I created a pseudo Crazy Cat Lady Yahoo account: sharonsmithsparkles. (Sparkles is one of my pseudo cat's name)  The following are a few of the questions I have asked and the very speedy answers (some even fascinating, at that) that followed:

Question 1:

What's the best way to dye your cat's hair?

This is a two part question I guess :) So first off, I learned my cat has become pregnant. She has black hair and I don't want her whole litter of kittens to have black hair also. I asume that if I dye her hair blonde than her kittens will take on those blonde genes too. Is there any harm to my cat if I dye her hair? Also, if there is no harm, what is the best way to do it? Will the Just for Men beard dye I got from the dollar store work? Thanks!
Answers:
1) If you dye your cat's hair it will have no effect on the kittens. Living creatures pass traits to their offspring by passing on genes. The cat's hair color is a part of it's genetics and the genes it passes to it's kittens cannot be altered. If the cat's mate was a different color than black it might mean some of kittens will not have black hair, because the kittens get some of the mate's genes too, but no chemical hair dye can change the genetic make up of the cat.

Please don't dye your cat's hair, it's cruel to the animal and will have no effect on the babies

Source(s):

Go do some research on genetics, or take a basic biology lesson
2) I can't believe this question! Are you out of your mind. I am disgusted that you have so little common sense. Dying a cat's hair is very harmful to the cat and will harm the kittens also. Stop being so silly and ignorant. The colour of the kittens won't change because of coloring the mother's coat. The colour of the kittens depends on the mother's and father cats genes.
3) LOL what, dying a cat's hair would be harmful for your cat and changing your cats coat will not change the kittens genes. Also just because you have a black cat does not mean that all the kittens will have a black coat and if you didn't want black cats why didn't you have your female cat fixed like a smart person would have done??
4) It is dangerous and harmful to dye a cats hair and it definitely does not change what color the babies will be. That is based on the genes from both the mother and father cat and that is something that cannot be changed. Just enjoy them the way that they are.
5) Please tell me you aren't serious. Hair dye doesn't change the genes, all it does is remove pigment. The only thing it will do is hurt your cat. If you really think hair dye changes genes, you need to go back to fourth grade.
6) Firstly, yes, dying your cats hair WILL harm your cat. If you really want your cat a different colour, use your imagination or get some coloured glasses.
7) Please don't do it, because the chemicals in the dye isnt healthy and that is just silly.
8) Dyeing its hair won't change any genes. The kittens will still be black.
9) Lol, ur funny. Sad that some people dont get ur joking. Anyway, first of all, you obviously can't change the cats genes by dying its hair and the kittens will still probably inherit its black hair anyway, but im sure you already knew that. And secondly it not healthy to dye animal hair but if you must they do make shampoos specifically for animals that will dye their hair (Although i doubt it works on dark fur like black). Thats how you see these pink and blue and yellow poodles around.

Question 2:

Do all cats hibernate?

My cat has been asleep for the past three days. She will not move and has been holding her breath the whole time. Usually she will be playful like this for two hours. But we are going on to day three and she usually can't pull a joke like this for this long. So, is it typical for cats to hibernate in January like bears and all other mammals? Thanks!
Answers:
1) Cats don't hibernate. If your cat is not breathing, it is more likely than not, dead.
2) Another stupid troll trick to make us all jump and fetch at the "trickiness" of the question and tell the poor unsuspecting cat owner that her cat is really dead and cats don't hibernate. We've heard them all. Go read a book.
3)
Cats do not hibernate. It souds unnormal to me. What i would do is take him/her to the vet to check your cat out. It souds to me as if your cat has passed. Don't take that opion! Your best bet is to go to the vet to determine you issue.

sorry not a vet,
Lizzy :)

Source(s):

ME! :)

Question 3:

Are pet shops required to have 24 hour return policies?

For the longest time I have wanted a playmate for my cat, Sparkles. Sparkles is a minskin and I have always pictured her having a chiwawa dog as a playmate. So, today I went down to the pet shop to purchase a chiwawa, but they did not have any. It was ok though (or so I thought) because I fell in love with another dog which I thought would resemble a chiwawa after a quick grooming. I purchased a Yorkie Terrier (not the cheapest dogs in case your wondering). So anyways, I came home and got out clippers and trimmed her down with the #1 but sadly, she does not resemble the chiwawa I was hoping for :( Also she has become very aggressive to my Sparkles and now I'm stuck with a dog that is not longer cute and looks nothing like a chiwawa. So my question is, are all mall pet shops required to have a 24 hour return policy? I feel like I just threw $550 away! I had no idea that the cute, innocent looking dog I bought would really turn out to be so hostile towards my cat! Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!
Answers:
1) They should have told you if they did have any kind of return policy. That would be something you would have to take up with the breeder that provided the store with the puppy. It will most likely be a crappy puppy mill so don't expect to get your money back.
2) Of course they are not required to give you your money back. You shaved down the dog!!! You can't just buy any breed and try to customize it to look like another breed. Learn to love the dog for who she is or if you can't give her to a no kill shelter or the Humane Society. You bought a Yorkie and you got a Yorkie. It isn't the dogs fault.

Source(s):

Long time dog owner
 3) Sparkles is a cute name for a cat. I can't say I've met many Minskins! I'm sure there are other pet shops in the area that have Chihuahuas for sale. Miniature Pinschers are similar to Chihuahuas, too. But, Yorkshire Terriers are great dogs. You need to slowly introduce your new dog to your cat by letting the dog smell the cat's bedding. No store is required to have any return policy. I recommend enrolling your new dog in obedience classes. Once basic obedience is mastered, you can practice your dog's commands in front of Sparkles. If your dog tries to bark or chase Sparkles, move him away from her. Don't allow them to be together if you cannot supervise them.
 4) That is the stupidest thing I have read in a long while.
Troll bedtime is well past.
5) Another typical, pathetic little Troll question. Find another hobby because Trolling is not something you are any good at. By the way, there is no such thing as a minskin and this is how you spell Chihuahua, not Chiwawa. Find something more constructive to do with your time.

@ [Answer 3]. I don't know where you get your knowledge from but your advice is way off. You have never met a minskin because they don't exist, a Min Pin is not like a Chihuahua, you are supporting puppy mills by encouraging someone to buy from a pet store, etc... Before you answer a question, you need to educate yourself first, so you don't mislead others.

3 comments:

Emily C said...

use your imagination or get some coloured glasses.

Jessica said...

ahahahahahahahaha. what the heck??? people are crazy. and by people i mean YOU. hahahahaha. "sparkles is a cute name for a cat." what the heck is a troll question?

Unknown said...

This was Hilarious!!! Trolleolo