Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Called out by the Professor



Soooo right now one of the classes in which I am enrolled is Molecular Biology with Dr. Evans. Each Friday we have a take home quiz that is due at the beginning of class. This past Friday I was comparing my quiz with my friends before submitting and noticed that I had mislabeled the y axis for the x axis and vice versa(No worries it's not cheating, in fact my teacher encourages us to work with other students). There wasn't room on the quiz to scratch it out and redo it so I pulled out a blank sheet of paper and corrected it. I asked around if anyone had a stapler, glue, paperclip or anything that I could attach my newly drawn graph to my quiz with, but found no such luck. The TA's were going around picking up the quizzes so I didn't have time to leave the class and look for a stapler. All of a sudden my Cajun improvisation skills kicked in. I remembered i had gum in my bag, so I quickly popped a piece in my mouth and chewed it enough to get it moist and sticky. I then converted my trident gum into 4 pieces of "ticky tac" and pressed them in the four corners of my graph. I know, genius huh? Here's a pic of the final product.

(If you look carefully you can see the TA's comments of "EW" and "This is gross" hahaha)

So anyways, yesterday at the beginning of class my professor totally called me out. haha. He mentioned how there was one student that made a fix to his quiz and strategically placed 4 pieces of gum to attach the correction to the quiz. He held up my quiz and showed the class and everyone in the auditorium started laughing. He gave me props on how creative it was. . . the best part though is that i got full credit! HA! Here is a video of class yesterday. If you click on the bar around the 2:40 part you can hear him talk about me.

connect.byu.edu/p86208578/

2 comments:

Jessica said...

nice. next time you could use a little peanut butter to attach it. ahahahahahahaha. (surely you've heard dad tell that story about me when i was like FIVE, using peanut butter to attach pictures to the wall when we had a babysitter.) hahahaha.

Emily C said...

jess- i've never heard that story.

freddie- that is awesome.