Thursday, October 16, 2008

I can't believe I'm actually doing this. . .

Alright, the time has finally come that I am actually starting a blog. Dang I feel like a girl now. haha. The real reason I'm starting this blog is for myself, as a study journal/ everyday journal. I must admit that I have been awful in my journal writing as of late, in fact I haven't written in it since I finished my mission. . . . sad I know. So I figured I would start again before I forget the spiritual and important things that are occurring in my life daily.

One of my favorite quotes from Joseph Smith is "When the Lord commands-Do it!" This became a reoccurring theme on my mission. In fact it got to the point that I carried around a small little black notepad and I would write down little impressions and revelations that I would receive. . . then I would do them.

While I was in the MTC Elder Richard G. Scott told us to write down these words: "For the rest of my life I wwill consistantly seek to learn by what I see, hear, and feel. I will write down the important things I learn and I will do them." He went on to say, "If we apply that principle it will create a purposeful life." (11/24/05)

President Henry B. Eyring stated, "My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. It will build our testimonies. You may not keep a journal. You may not share whatever record you keep with those you love and serve. But you and they will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done. . . Tonight, and tomorrow night, you might pray and ponder, asking the questions: Did God send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children? I will do that. And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him. I testify that He loves us and blesses us, more than most of us have yet recognized. I know that is true, and it brings me joy to remember Him." (oct. 2007)

So there it is-- thats my goal, to try and write as frequently as possible, so I will save these insights and tender mercies of the Lord.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i think you and muffy are the most spiritual and have it the most together out of ALL of us. hahahaha.

p.s. sophie likes turtles, too

p.p.s. that kids picture is freaky

Scott said...

What a great way to capture what President Eyring talked about. Good for you.

Emily C said...

dang freddie, you don't allow anonymous comments!!! i was totally gonna put your favorite word on here...you know the one that starts with "b". hahaha. jk.

i love you!!